Friday 25 September 2015

Puff and Stuff

In the last few weeks I have been reminded several times of a show from my childhood and wondering why it was presenting so regularly. H. R. PUFNSTUF. Do you know it?

I watched it again, but it gave me no real sense of what was needed. Until I listened, to the theme song that introduces it...

H.R. PUFNSTUF. Who's your friend when things get rough.

And in my own stream of thinking, it occurred to me that it was a theme presenting with a number of people I was seeing.  About the Puff, and Stuff, people get involved in that is getting in the way of their real life living, and decision-making.

Many of my clients have come to me after an event that has affected them. They may be feeling confused, misunderstood, at the end of their tether, or at a cross roads and unable to work through it.

Finding themselves in a situation that is not working smoothly.

And while they have many people and friends around them, no-one seems, to them, to be listening, to what they have been needing.

It can be a common story.

And often times, when I drill down into the story, it's a pattern that has been ongoing. And this time they are being presented with a new opportunity. To listen, authentically, and adequately, to themselves, and to become their own best friend.

In many ways it is easier to get caught in the Puff, and Stuff, of the world around. And to be captured by behaviours, attitudes and thoughts, than it is to really stop and listen to what's real and important, in the moment. And to do something about it.

I feel privileged to be in a position to do the listening, reflecting back, and assisting with better self-awareness, that consequently helps to build a kinder and more fulfilling self-relationship, and better decision-making.

Identifying where their private testimony and public persona are inconsistent, and finding that sweet spot in between. That place that works better for them. That place that is more authentically real as they are evolving. And building their own steam, of self esteem, as they are re-building.

I am what I am. Nothing more. Nothing Less. The middle ground between inflatedness and deflatedness.

Wonderful words that I memorised long ago. From recollection, by Robert A Johnson.

Those words remind me of that ideal place between the Puff and Stuff. Where things just flow. That place that defines what is most important, while travelling along the road.

When you have a moment. Meditate on it.

I am what I am. Nothing more. Nothing less. The middle ground between inflatedness and deflatedness.

And see what comes up. Listen, for what is authentically true in those words for you. And what Puff and Stuff is getting in the way of that for you.

Enjoy your friendships, and befriend yourself too.

Much Love

SaraSwati Shakti

Copyright © 2015. All rights reserved.
www.lovingpsyche.com



No comments:

Post a Comment