Sunday 15 September 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays...

My day started with a quick peruse of my LinkedIn news feeds. And I came across an article. Things successful people do on a Monday morning.

It made me ponder about the meaning of success. What does that look like for each of us?

I know that it can look different to me than it can to some of you.

And it can be different from person to person.

Whether it is running a business, a corporation, or a household I believe that success needs to include structure, nurture and play. I call it the holy trinity of balance. Our masculine, feminine and inner children in divine interplay.

For me, I like to look to Nature to help me to make that call. To connect to her heartbeat. After all she is the mother.

And today it is rainy. It is a soft and gentle day. So I have blended that into my day. And it has kept me happy. And more rested in my actions. That helps my life to stay successful. Because I have invested in the nurture necessary to keep me sustaining the stamina for the other elements of work and play, for the more focussed elements of a work day.

My coachees are familiar with my use of nature cycles in organising, planning and connecting. It brings a dimension to business that is dynamic and organic, softer and creative.

Success to me is about getting the balance right. You may wish to consider it too.

So, as an alternative to Karen Carpenter's lovely lament, my rainy day and Monday has provided a happy, gentle high.

For those of you interested in reading the article find it here:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/worklife/things-successful-people-do-on-monday-morning/story-fni0d8zi-1226711294929

My wish is that each of us finds the success that brings the deepest joy to our lives in work, relationships and play. Have a happy day.

SaraSwati Shakti


Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
www.lovingpsyche.com

No comments:

Post a Comment