People have asked me why I draw. And why it is hand drawn, and in the raw.
And the answer is, because it gives me authenticity. Just me, the pencil, and the evolving story, on a piece of paper. A reflection, and observation of my artistic, meditative and creative orientation. At a point in flowing time. To easily connect, with my raw emotions, inner and higher consciousness, and create space, for peaceful embrace. Of what's going on inside. And leaving the rest of the world behind. Honouring my body heart spirit and mind. In creative flow.
It is a great way to get out of my head, and into my authentic heart. Honouring my inner sacred art.
And for each of us the process and the outcome will be different. Mimicking another is not our gift. It is to find what we are developing. Within ourselves. And processing our inner landscape externally. Trusting. And being true, to what's going on for you.
So for those of you who would like to start. Creating your own unique heart art. Here are a few tips
1. Experiment with art things. Paper, pencils, and drawings. Get familiar with what feels good to you. Is easy, economical, and available, for when you're in the mood.
2. Tune into the comfort you prefer. Where and how is your body at its most relaxed. Is it better for you to sit at a desk, or do you like to stand, to flow at your best. What feels easier for your body and hand. Define and create your own creative wonderland.
3. Start somewhere. Breathe. Clear your mind. Bow your head to your heart. Put your pen on the paper. Perhaps in the centre, and then follow the flow of your hand. Let go, and see what transpires. A little like doodling, and following. And occasionally resting, and changing colours, intuitively, if you like.
4. Enjoy what is evolving. Go with the flow. See it as a treat. Don't criticise. Just embrace the space of creative grace.
5. Keep going. Even if you think you have made a mistake. You just don't know how brilliant that can make the whole creation. Move yourself beyond self critique so you can just enjoy your creative peak when it comes.
6. Tune into your body. Breathe. Enjoy. Learn what you like and where you prefer less and more. Adjust. Colour, curves, lines, or texture. Each experience, like you, will be new. And in the process you are learning and evolving the true, in the moment, you.
7. And when you feel done, and relaxed, sit back, contemplate, and celebrate what has come. A beautiful reflection of what is real for you at that time.
Enjoy your own raw, in the moment, art. And see what it tells you from your heart.
If you would like to see more, of when I first began to draw, my Heart Art in the raw, you can get my book Heart Art mandala'verse from major bookstores. http://www.lovingpsyche.com/Products/Books/mandala-verse.html
2014. All rights reserved.